Q Glen can I still proform as good in bed as I get older?
A.As men age, they need to consider the heart/erection connection.
All health issues have effects on your penis,says Steven Lamm, M.D., an assistant professor at the New York University school of medicine and the author of The Hardness Factor: How to Achieve Your Best Health and Sexual Fitness at Any Age. "A 50-year-old man who is healthy is probably performing as well sexually as an out-of-shape 30-year-old who smokes and drinks."
Dr. Lamm recommends these lifestyle changes to keep your member in good standing after the teenage years.
*Achieve ideal body weight and eliminate the fat around your gut. Abdominal fat blocks the testosterone that should be available to you, which in turn affects sexual functioning. A fat gut is a bad marker for overall health--including your sexual health, says Dr. Lamm.
* Do a cardio workout daily. When you exercise, bloodflow increases--blood rushes through the endothelial cells (the lining of the blood vessels) and stimulates them to make more nitric oxide, a key chemical involved in producing erections. "The healthier a man is, the more nitric oxide he produces, and the harder his erection is," says Dr. Lamm.
* Give up butts. "Absolutely do not smoke--that just clenches down on your blood vessels and prevents them from being reactive," he says. Smoking restricts penile bloodflow and weakens erections, making smokers twice as likely to experience erectile dysfunction.
* Avoid big meals and alcohol before sexual encounters. For optimal sexual performance, give yourself 2 hours between dinner and sex. Would you eat a big meal before playing a full-court basketball game? "If all your blood is going to your gut, it's not going to go to your pelvic area," Dr. Lamm says.
* take supplemental insurance. Pop two omega-3 fatty-acid supplements daily totaling at least 300 milligrams (mg) of DHA and 400 mg of EPA as a kind of insurance policy on your heart and penis health. And consider taking the antioxidants pycnogenol (80 mg) and L-arginine (3 grams) daily. They'll shield your endothelium from harm and facilitate the use of nitric
Any personal health questions or problems mental or physical. Please consult your physician !
Wishing You Great Health,
Glen Edward Mitchell
Got a question? Ask Glen!
Save $300 when you purchase either the Bowflex Ultimate® 2 home gym or the Bowflex Xtreme® 2 home gym! Use code: AW47SAVE3
- Glen Edward Mitchell
- Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
- Is the Founder of Fitness Builders 4 Life,the WorkOut GEM,G350,G180, G90, Eat 4 Life, Clean, Lean & Mean & Ask Glen. The mission of the Fitness Builders is to provide the community with health education and to empower people to change unhealthy lifestyles thereby increasing life expectancy. By educating the community on healthier lifestyle practices it is the intent of Fitness Builders to reduce the ravages of obesity, heart disease, cancer and other lifestyle or self inflicted diseases. Glen is also a AMA Certified Nutrition Specialist and a ACE, ACSM, NASM Certified Personal Trainer has 30+ years in Sports, Exercise Science and Nutritional Food Management, Learning and Mentoring Men and Women on a more Mental & Physical Healthy Life Style consisting of a low fat, low salt, Low carbohydrate, high protein, organic nutrition which also includes moderate exercise and mental awareness. Stay Informed, Live long and be Mentally and Physically Healthy! Any questions? Ask Glen!