Q. Glen, How can I avoid getting in to an Exercise Rut?
A. The best way to ensure that you're getting enough exercise is to avoid falling into a workout rut. Try my suggestions to jazz up your workout:
- Choose an activity that's fun.
- Vary your activities so you don't get bored.
- Use different jogging, walking, or biking paths to vary your routine.
- If you can't set aside one long block of time, do several shorter sessions of activity throughout the day, such as three 10-minute walks.
- Create opportunities for activity, such as parking your car some distance from your destination and walking.
- Don't let cold weather keep you on the couch! You can find activities to do in the winter, such as exercising to a workout video.
- Exercise with a friend or family member.
- If you have children, make time to play with them outside. Set a good example!
- Turn activities into social occasions—for example, go to a movie after you and a friend work out.
- . Found a community group to go on hikes, build walking trails, start exercise classes, and organize special events to promote physical activity.
- . Set specific, short-term goals, and reward yourself (with something other than food!) when you achieve them.
- . Don't expect to notice body changes right away.
- . Make your activity a regular part of your day so it becomes a habit.
Any personal health questions or problems mental or physical or before starting any diet or exercise program. Please consult your physician !
My mission is to provide you with "Trusted Advice for a Healthier Life."
Yours in good health