Q. Glen I need to add more protein to my diet! I going to try Almonds, How can I add more of them to my diet?
A. Here are 9 ways to add more almonds to your diet.
• Make plain peanut butter chunky by adding almond bits to your PB&J.
• Toss a handful of slivered almonds onto hot or cold cereal, yogurt, or ice cream.
• Sauté almonds in a nonstick pan over low heat. Add the toasted nuts to salads and pasta dishes.
• Sprinkle chopped almonds over a casserole or cooked vegetables.
• Add almond slices to an Asian stir-fry.
• Mix chopped almonds with chopped apple, onion, garlic, and herbs for a quick stuffing to serve with a roasted chicken.
• Toss some slivers into an omelette.
• Baking? Put some almond chunks into your dough.
• For a quick popcorn alternative: Spray a handful of almonds with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven, then sprinkle the nuts with a mixture of either brown sugar and cinnamon or salt, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
Any personal health questions or problems mental or physical or before starting any diet or exercise program. Please consult your physician !
Wishing You A Healthy Life Style!